Intro to Bowling
May 22 – June 28, 2018 (Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:30 – 8:00pm)
An introduction to those learning the sport of bowls to receive lessons and training and use of bowls equipment. Three lessons are offered for $15. After which, new players may become full members for an additional $55 for the first year. Please wear flat-soled shoes. The club is open for all members to practice.
The club will have members on hand to demonstrate the game and help you select your bowls etc.
However, any time you are passing and there are players on the greens, feel free to come in and express your interest in the game with us, and we will endeavour to help you get into lawn bowling.
Normal playing times at the green are as follows:
- Monday afternoons @ 1 p.m. – City Pairs League (entered teams & rotates between city greens) (except for long weekends when other events may be taking place)
- Monday evenings @ 6.45 p.m. – Novice Bowlers Play (Mixed) & Practice Play
- Tuesday @ 10.30 a.m. – Club Jitney, before and/or after lunch (bring your own lunch)
- Tuesday evenings @ 6.45 p.m. – Practice or Jitney Play
- Wednesday evenings @ 6.45 p.m. – “2-4-2” Pairs League (players sign up) & Practice Play
- Thursday evenings @ 6.45 p.m. – “Cut Throat” League (open to all members) & Practice Play
- Saturday afternoons @ 12.45 p.m. – Club Jitneys (open to all) (unless there is a tournament on at our greens that day)
- Sunday mornings @ 10.30 a.m. – Junior Program & Practice Play (unless there is a tournament on at our greens that day)