Welcome back to all our returning members, and to those joining the club for the first time!
A HUGE thank you to Kenny and his grounds crew for getting the greens in almost mid-season form. New this season is the expansion of our liquor license which will allow all members and guests to enjoys an alcoholic beverage anywhere with our fences (but not on the greens!).
Like last year, we won’t officially begin tracking Novice night results until July. This will accommodate any new members who may be joining this year.
Did you know…
- As a novice member you are welcome to play at the club anytime it is open? We have different events happening daily, just check the events calendar for times. Even though you may not be playing “2-4-2” on Thursday nights or Jitney on Saturday afternoons, you are welcome to play on any available green.
- As a novice member you are welcome to play in any club event? Whether you want to play in the club Singles tournament or meet some other members playing “Cut-Throat” on Thursday nights, you are always welcome to join in. Even the “2-4-2” league on Wednesday nights has room for spares, if you are not ready to make a regular commitment;
- You can continue to receive FREE coaching? Our very own Derek Dillon, one of Alberta’s only official NCCP registered coaches, has generously offered to be at the club almost every weekday during June (between 10am-noon and from 6:30-8:30 pm) to offer free pointers – take him up on it!
- As a club member you can book our facilities for a private lawn bowling event? Ideal for company social events, family reunions, children’s birthday parties, or what have you. Best of all, your membership gives you a 33% discount on the regular rental rate. We supply volunteers to help your group learn the game quickly. You have access to the full kitchen facilities and the bbq. You can provide your own liquor permit to supply your own beverages;
- The club is hosting a registered particpACTION free “Try-It” day June 3rd? Lawn Bowls is #50 on the participACTION 150 playlist and in conjunction with National Lawn Bowls day, our club is hosting a Try-It day on June 3 from 9am to 5pm for the general public. We are looking for a few volunteers that day (in 2 hour shifts) to greet those who want to try our sport, to help equip them with bowls, and to show them the basics of delivery and the game. Look for the sign-up sheet on the wall or email Mike at email@example.com if you’d like to help . And feel free to invite anyone you think might be interested (this is for ages 8 and up);
- We are running a “150 Ends Challenge” in celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday? We are offering a chance to win prizes for those who complete 150 ends by July 1st. There is a sheet posted on the wall where you can add your name and keep track of the number of ends you’ve played – including any practice ends. We will award prizes at the July 1st tournament;
- We are offering a FREE drop-in program for juniors on Sunday mornings at 10:30 am? For kids aged (8 to 17), we are offering the opportunity to learn the sport without having to commit to a full program. Coaching and equip will be free. Thanks to Judy, Heather, Joanne and Kim for organizing this.